It is the objective of the home that all service users shall live in a clean and safe environment and be treated with respect and sensitivity to their individual needs and abilities. Staff will be responsive to the individual needs of service users and will provide the appropriate degree of car to assure the highest possible quality of life within the home.
To meet the client’s needs the care service within the home is designed to achieve the following objectives:
- To deliver a service of the highest quality that will improve and sustain the service users overall quality of life. In this respect the care service is designed to meet the requirements of a recognised accredited quality standard, but in a people oriented fashion.
- To ensure that the care service is delivered is flexibility, attentively, and in a non discriminatory fashion while respecting each service user’s right to independence, privacy, dignity, fulfilment, and the rights to make informed choices and to take risks.
- To ensure that each service user’s needs and values are respected in matters of religion, culture, race or ethnic origin, sexuality and sexual orientation, political affiliation, marital status, parenthood and disabilities or impairments.
- To ensure that the care service in the whole is delivered in accordance with agreed contracts of care.
To manage and implement a formal programme of staff planning, selection, recruitment, training and personal development to enable service user care needs to be met.
- To manage the care service efficiently and effectively to make the best use of resources and to maximise value for money for the service user.
- To ensure all service users receive written information on the home’s procedure for handling complaints, comments and compliments and how to use it.